Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Rant

I'm pretty sure there is something about Hell that we have defined in the wrong way. That is, I think Hell is a cold place. I think Hell could be latitudinal. In North America, I think Hell is north of Virginia from the months of October to March. I think the fire in Hell is white, and it rains from the sky in an ugly mess.

But I guess we had Hell in the Old Country too. I'm pretty sure this was called "Siberia." Maybe you got sentenced to Siberia for taking too many olives, oranges, and almonds for yourself... I don't know why you had to go there really. But I'm pretty damn sure that Hell is universal. I guess if you were a Polynesian or indigenous or whatever and you were a bad guy, then they just tied you to the mast and sailed you due North. Follow that star baby. One became a sort of living Hindu pyre. The boats weren't burned to assure everyone that the evil spirits were going further away.

So this explains why England became so powerful: the island collected too many criminals from the happier places on Earth, and they all haunted the tiny place, wreaking havoc on each other until they got sick enough to take their sorry selves somewhere new. Funny how they landed where they did.

/Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment